This salad has a lovely combination of both flavour and texture. In summer I would serve this as the main meal with a slice of fresh crusty bread on the side. In winter I use it as a generous sized side dish with some poached or sauteed chicken and toasted sourdough bread.
The portions in this recipe are for a winter side dish.
- 100 g fresh mixed spinach and rocket leaves
- 1 bunch broccolini, steamed until just cooked
- 1/2 sm red onion, finely sliced
- 1 roasted capsicum, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 lg pieces sun-dried tomato, finely diced
- 3 T toasted pepitas
- handful of pecans, chopped
- 50 g parmesan cheese, shaved
Mix all ingredients together. Add salad dressing just before serving. Use just enough dressing to lightly coat the salad.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 t honey
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- salt, pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients well.